Friday, February 26, 2010

fix it friday #45 ~ i heart faces

having some more fun editing other people's photos for fix it friday on i heart faces!

here is the original photo submitted by caroline at frogmum:






here is my edit: in this version i wanted to fix the exposure issues, pop the color and keep things clean and bright. i also added a bit of sunshine. i can almost feel the warm rays when i look at the photo!

fix it friday #45


here's a vintage version: few photos escape my photoshop window these days without at least trying on a little vintage.

fix it friday #45 vintage



what i did (edited in photoshop cs3):
cropped photo
opened photo in photoshop at current exposure
lowered exposure in camera raw, laid this copy over original ~ used layer mask to reveal original exposure over girl, darker exposure over sky
softened shadow on arm using gaussian blur
touch of light/touch of darkness action ~ MCP Actions ~ brightened face a bit more
sharpened features of face
brightened eyes with curves adjustment
kiyoko punch ~ kubota actions
sun shower ~ patti brown
vintage version: honey action ~ isabelle lafrance

0 comments:

Followers

About This Blog

hi there & welcome to my photoblog! i'm betsy, a full time wife & mommy to two adorable kiddos, living the sweet life on the outskirts of Hershey, PA. i'm your typical mamarazzi who discovered a passion for photography through photographing my babies. i love editing my photos as much as i love taking them (maybe more!). i never met a photoshop tutorial, action, or texture i didn't like ... i guess you could say i'm a bit of a photogeek (but don't call me a photographer)! my pictures are my art, my outlet, and it just makes me feel good to create something beautiful. ... oh, and sometimes i do other stuff, too!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP