Friday, March 26, 2010

fix it friday #48 ~ i heart faces

i REALLY missed fix it friday last week! i need my weekly editing fix! so happily, i present this week's fix it friday for i heart faces. this one was a pleasure to work on. i love close ups of faces, all the details, especially the eyes!

here is the original submitted by Natalie P.


here's my edit.
fix it friday #48 ~ i heart faces

what i did (edited in photoshop cs3):
open in camera raw ~ white balance, crop
open in photoshop
levels adjustment layer
brighten face ~ touch of light/touch of darkness, MCP Actions
sharpen features ~ smart sharpen
brighten eyes ~ levels and curves adjustment layers
remove redness in eye & discoloration on nose ~ clone stamp
lighten under eye shadows ~ patch tool
Lord of the Rings Everyday ~ Kubota Actions
bump saturation ~ hue/saturation adjustment layer
bump contrast ~ soft light layer
darken edges ~ touch of light/touch of darkness, MCP Actions

11 comments:

Unknown March 26, 2010 at 1:17 AM  

Great work on her eyes and softening of the skin.

Kim Chodorowski March 26, 2010 at 1:22 AM  

Wow your edit is truly GORGEOUS!!!

Stylist A March 26, 2010 at 1:25 AM  

Great edit! Love what you did with the eyes. cute blog too!!!

Natalie March 26, 2010 at 2:26 AM  

beautiful edit :)

Pol March 26, 2010 at 4:28 AM  

Nicely done :)

Blankenship Babbles March 26, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

awesome job...love her skin tone!!!

Natalie March 26, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

Seriously LOVE this! Thanks so much for your edit! It is super fun seeing what everyone did to my photo and I cannot believe so many people link up!

Dale March 26, 2010 at 11:32 AM  

Nicely done and just enough. Keep up the great work.

nancy March 26, 2010 at 3:54 PM  

I really like it! Your work is great. Thank you for posting how you did it... I need to work on that. Thank you..

Nancy

Erica Lea March 26, 2010 at 5:38 PM  

Very nice - subtle yet beautiful. You retained the details very nicely.

Amy Henderson March 26, 2010 at 8:33 PM  

Perfect! I love your edit!

Followers

About This Blog

hi there & welcome to my photoblog! i'm betsy, a full time wife & mommy to two adorable kiddos, living the sweet life on the outskirts of Hershey, PA. i'm your typical mamarazzi who discovered a passion for photography through photographing my babies. i love editing my photos as much as i love taking them (maybe more!). i never met a photoshop tutorial, action, or texture i didn't like ... i guess you could say i'm a bit of a photogeek (but don't call me a photographer)! my pictures are my art, my outlet, and it just makes me feel good to create something beautiful. ... oh, and sometimes i do other stuff, too!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP