Friday, March 12, 2010

fix it friday #47 ~ i heart faces

this week's fix it friday on i heart faces... i must admit this one was quite challenging. i wanted to really focus the attention on her face and show the connection with the pinball. also when i looked at the original i felt like the lighting should be sort of dramatic, almost as if the light on her face was coming from the pinball machine. noise was difficult ~ note to self, must purchase noiseware!

here is the original submitted by Amy Pinney




here's my edit:

fix it friday #47 ~ i heart faces

what i did (edited in photoshop cs3):
opened in ACR ~ cropped slightly, adjusted white balance, reduced noise
opened in photoshop
midbright ~ kubota actions, on face & arm only
touch of light/touch of darkness ~ MCP Actions, lightened face, arm, and pinball/darkened edges
cloned out distractions in background
sharpened features of face & brightened eyes
removed shadows under eyes
powder soft ~ kubota actions
angel glow ~ kubota actions
bumped up saturation slightly
increase contrast with curves adjustment
vintage velvet & painterly textures ~ florabella





8 comments:

alpinekleins March 12, 2010 at 4:47 AM  

Nice job! I do like the light on her face, the shadows create a perfect frame.

Kristin

Pol March 12, 2010 at 5:48 AM  

Absolutely beautifully done! You created the perfect mood

Killara girl March 12, 2010 at 9:11 AM  

Beautiful!

Kinderkouture March 12, 2010 at 11:56 AM  

Love the darkened edges.

Cheryle March 12, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

Thanks for your comment on my edit. I really like the dark edges you have in your edit, it focuses the attention on her and the pinball machine. Great job!

Killlashandra March 12, 2010 at 2:04 PM  

Pretty, I like how you brightened it just a bit with the burn around the edges. :)

candacesoon March 12, 2010 at 6:41 PM  

This is a great edit. You really did bring the focus onto her cute face and the pinball machine.

Anonymous March 13, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

Adorable I love the soft earthy edit!

Followers

About This Blog

hi there & welcome to my photoblog! i'm betsy, a full time wife & mommy to two adorable kiddos, living the sweet life on the outskirts of Hershey, PA. i'm your typical mamarazzi who discovered a passion for photography through photographing my babies. i love editing my photos as much as i love taking them (maybe more!). i never met a photoshop tutorial, action, or texture i didn't like ... i guess you could say i'm a bit of a photogeek (but don't call me a photographer)! my pictures are my art, my outlet, and it just makes me feel good to create something beautiful. ... oh, and sometimes i do other stuff, too!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP