Friday, April 2, 2010

fix it friday #49 ~ i heart faces

i don't have much to say about this edit ... the photo was lovely to begin with, so there wasn't necessarily much to "fix". so i basically just wanted to add a little depth and richness.


here is the original submitted by jessie of the lucas zoo.


here is my edit:

4482823426_06f1dc2151_b-web


what i did (edited in photoshop cs3):
cropped
darkened just about everywhere except her face ~ touch of darkness ~ MCP Actions
sharpened features ~ smart sharpen
brightened eyes ~ curves adjustment
softened skin ~ doll face ~ kubota actions
increased contrast of hair ~ curves adjustment
removed hairs on pants ~ clone stamp
blurred edges ~ edge blur modified ~ kubota actions
dustclouds texture ~ patti brown



7 comments:

Susana April 2, 2010 at 1:02 AM  

I agree with you on the edit--it is a great picture to begin with.

I like the softness and color you gave to it.

nancy April 2, 2010 at 3:06 AM  

Thank you for the detail in what you did. It is very helpful

Unknown April 2, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

I really like the color in your edit.

Jewel April 2, 2010 at 9:59 AM  

Really great edit :) The final product is beautiful

Kinderkouture April 2, 2010 at 10:04 AM  

Great editing. Nice contrast and clarity.

Jessie April 2, 2010 at 2:36 PM  

I love your edit :)

Ritsumei April 2, 2010 at 5:21 PM  

I like what you've done - and also appreciate the list of what steps you took. I always learn from that sort of thing.

Followers

About This Blog

hi there & welcome to my photoblog! i'm betsy, a full time wife & mommy to two adorable kiddos, living the sweet life on the outskirts of Hershey, PA. i'm your typical mamarazzi who discovered a passion for photography through photographing my babies. i love editing my photos as much as i love taking them (maybe more!). i never met a photoshop tutorial, action, or texture i didn't like ... i guess you could say i'm a bit of a photogeek (but don't call me a photographer)! my pictures are my art, my outlet, and it just makes me feel good to create something beautiful. ... oh, and sometimes i do other stuff, too!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP